Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow in Tucson

I know this is Tucson, Arizona but when I got up this morning there was snow on the ground! I’d been trying to find someplace where I might escape the winter weather but alas it caught up with me. Mind you there was only an inch or so on the ground but it was enough to snarl traffic and keep schools from opening on time so I decided to book in for another night and spend a quiet day reading, writing and walking. As I write this, the sun is shining and the snow is almost all gone.

I still plan to go to Sedona and the Grand Canyon but right now they are buried in 18” of snow with temperatures well below freezing overnight. So I will head for Lake Havasu and wait for the weather to clear farther north.

As I was driving across yet more desert yesterday, I realized that I am getting quite ready to be back home in Calgary. I want to spend time with my family and friends, and I have several projects around the house that I want to finally tackle. While I still love the freedom of travelling and living small, I am also beginning to feel the pull towards “nesting” again. How richly blessed I am.

No comments: